My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanfrancisco, California, United States

I am Someone who loves the media, and I'm a student at San Jose State University.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

My Own Record Company

If I had my own record company and I was in the position to make some major changes to to my label to make it work better. I would have all of my artist release album singles. When the artist is recording their new album on their official band site they would have their album on their page so the fans can get a first listen to their music and decide if they want to buy the album themselves, cause no matter how much you download their is nothing better than the real thing. I think with every album that artist release they should have what are called "bonus tracts" These are exclusive tracts that can only be heard by buying the album. I would have my artist give personal interviews and exclusive outakes in the recorded process of the CD, this would be sold in a DVD that is sold with the album and can only been seen if you buy the album. More fans will be more willing to buy a CD for twenty darllors if they have that exclusive footage like the DVD sold with the cd.When new artist sign to my label they would have to earn what is called "street cred" first, So they would start a myspace page and post some new songs from their album and get there friends response so their fans feel close to the artist and so they could feel involved in the process of picking a single, this will slowly but surely build their street cred, The Record companies need to realize that the fans makes the artists. All of these ideas would be effective in a positive way towards the record label.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home