My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanfrancisco, California, United States

I am Someone who loves the media, and I'm a student at San Jose State University.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006



Publishing Books To Downloading Cd's

When People download music, they do it because it cost less, and it takes less time to download than actually buying a Cd. My teacher raised a good point in class, asking us why we think downloading music in not as popular as buying Cd's; considering that they are both forms of media. What do people usually do when you want to buy a cd, and they go to every store and they find out that the cd that they want is sold out! What’s the first thing you do? Well, you go download the music from the internet right? You can do the same thing with books; you can buy a book online and read it as you would if the book were in your hands. Reading a book online dose not have some of the advantages that a regular book has. Books are more portable you can bring them anywhere you go . One of my class mates said that reading a book online is strenuous to the eyes. I think the idea of downloading books from the internet hasn't caught on yet, maybe I'm wrong, and we will soon be downloading books off the internet all the time. It just seems weird buying all books online because I'm not familiar with it. My teacher said that she couldn't imagine throwing all of her books away and just reading her books online, because she has an emotional attachment to all of her books. I feel the same, but I think the publishing world will find away to make buying books online even more popular to the public. Recording company’s made buying cd's popular replacing records I think the Publishing companies will have the same success.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Aidan or Big? Manolo Blahnik or Jimmy Choo? To Blow or not to blow? Tell us what you prefer and join our Sex and the City presentation group. Contact Kelley or Jessica

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! i was just wondering if you could tell me how you posted pictures on your blog. i followed the help menu instructions several times but the picture never shows on my blog. thanks!

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home