My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanfrancisco, California, United States

I am Someone who loves the media, and I'm a student at San Jose State University.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Life After College
I'm only a freshman so someone please comment me back if you have other ideas or think I 'm wrong. When I was in middle school I was taught to have good behavior and good grades to get in to a good high school. When I was in high school my educators told me that if you get good test scores and have good grades and join clubs you are almost guaranteed to get into a college, once you get to college you are set for your future. Thinking back I realized they lied. There is no guaranteed chance that after high school I will have a job working in the media. I don't know about you guys but that scares the "hell" out of me. I know that I'm only a freshman and I should have to worry about these things untill I graduate, but the reality of it is that no one is guaranteed a job after graduation. I've met certain people here at SJSU that have family members and friend with BA's and Master Degree’s who still have trouble finding jobs. I guess I'll just deal with the problem as it comes and not worry about right now. This post really didn’t have a purpose, I just felt that I needed to vent.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are no guarantees in life, unfortunately. I think what your teachers probably meant when they said "you're set" is that you are MUCH more likely to get a job; a good job; if you graduate from college, than if you don't. I don't think they lied about that.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Dina Baslan said...

Jhenene, this is like everyone's silent nightmare believe me! I especially know what you are talking about. Sometimes looking to the future and imagining things makes you think: "Well thats not too hard, I could do that!" and once you are actually there you realize all the hardships of the situation. How do I deal with this phobia? I just try to enjoy and fulfill the phase I am going through for now, and this makes me almost sure that since I put all my heart into it, someone is going to discover me and let me work for them with all what I have to offer in the future. Try it, it might very much work with you as well :)

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home