My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanfrancisco, California, United States

I am Someone who loves the media, and I'm a student at San Jose State University.

Monday, November 20, 2006










Disney Channels Leading Ladies

It is a known fact that the Disney channel is known for their popular shows that appeal to the tweens and young children around the world. Recently they have started a Phenom with the teenage shows of today, and considering that in some ways I would like to think I am a feminist I am very proud that the stars of those show are young ladies. First they started with Hilary duff and the Lizzie McGuire show this was a popular show among that teenage girls around the nation. Now I admit myself that the show did not display her best acting skills but that's not the point. The show boasted her career and teenage girls around America wanted to be like Lizzie McGuire, because she played a teenage girl going through the same problems all teenaged girls faced at that time, puberty! This show opened up many doors for her, she soon released a clothing line in Target and a CD called Metamorphis that debuted #1 on the music build board charts. her show soon was the most watch show on Disney channel and the highest paid actress on Disney. Now again I'm not saying that Hilary Duff is a great singer, I'm not even saying she's a great actress, I 'm just saying that this girl became a superstar and held a lot a power at the tender age of 14. The show ended when she became 16 because Disney channel has a rule that a show can only do so many episodes. Since Disney Channel has so much success with the Lizzie McGuire they followed up with another show called That So Raven. The leading lady in this show was no stranger to the spot light and acting. Unlike Hilary Duff Raven Simone had been acting since she was a little girl on the Cosby Show. Now the show wasn't exactly a original concept like Lizzie McGuire but it was about a a teenage girl who could see the future and sometimes her visions causes her to get in weird situations, now even though this show may sound weird to many it is a great comedy series to all teen Disney lovers. Raven Simone is now a house hold name. She has her own clothing line, makeup line,music CD and stared in two number 1 Disney channel original movies Cheetah Girls 1&2. These girls both have foundations helping under privliged kids and both give back to their communties.My point is it's great to see young powerful teenage girls giving back. It is also great that girls have great teen idols to look up to. You can argue that these girls have no talent, but you cannot argue that these girls haven't influenced society in a positive way. these young women are creating a name for themselves and doing something positive with their fame.

4 Comments:

Blogger C-dell said...

I left a comment on your post about BET. look at it

Check out my blog.

11:57 PM  
Blogger C-dell said...

I Thank you for your post. I enjoy it when people leave comments on my blog. I Hope that you will continue to. Don't be a stranger. All values are welcome and valued at "Views of the Silent Majority"

5:13 PM  
Blogger Lilly Buchwitz said...

So... no post for last week (November 21)? That's not a good start.

Also, you need to view your blog in Firefox. There's something that looks all screwy about it, though it might look fine in I.D.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Lilly Buchwitz said...

(Whoops. I meant I.E.)

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home