My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanfrancisco, California, United States

I am Someone who loves the media, and I'm a student at San Jose State University.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Ugly Betty !
I love this show! I first heard about this show from a friend because she knew that it was my dream to work for a fashion magazine, but I was convinced that I wouldn't like it, even after looking at the previews. What sparked my interest about the show was that I heard my teacher talking about it, saying that the show was actually very good and the script was written cleverly. finally after my friend talked to me forever about the show I just relented and decided to watch. I went to the ABC website and clicked on one of the webisodes, and to my surprise I couldn't stop laughing! I sat their for two hours and watched every Ugly Betty episode. what I love about the show the most is that The actress playing Betty(America Ferrera) is completely anti-model they picked a everyday looking girl to play this part, they didn't try to pick a actress who looks like a model and dress her down to play this role. The woman playing the part of Betty is much more believable. The character Betty is a girl from Queens,New york who is given a job by the founder of Mode magazine Bradford Meade (Alan Dale). Betty was hired in the attempt to get his son Daniel Meade (Eric Mabius) head editor of mode magazine to stop sleeping with his assistance's. Betty is hardly a top model but well qualified for the job, but she soon realizes that honesty and kindness is valued everywhere but fashion. All through the shows Betty is learning how to adjust her new job as assistant to the editor, but the adjustment is not a easy one. Betty is trying to find a place for herself at Mode magazine. Even though everyone around her is screaming change! she refuses to change her look for anyone, this is what makes Betty and this show unique. I love this show because Betty continues to break all the rules in that she is not the typically 5'10 size 2 girls working at mode magazine. I think that Ugly Betty is giving a real look for aspiring journalist in fashion.








1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No posts this week?

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home